Pages

24 April, 2016

Endings and beginnings


au nowa wakari no hajimari.


Translation: To meet is the beginning of parting.

But instead of being empty, I'm full. I've picked up many things, just lying there waiting for me. Emotions, the ability to laugh and sing and dance. An understanding of other people. Skills. Some confidence, some courage, some willpower. And none of that would be possible if it weren't for so many people I have to thank.

Thank you, for seeing my name up on a board and making me feel at home immediately, and every single day since then.

Thank you, for helping me and letting me help you and for being a living, breathing part of my life.

Thank you, for the insight and the love and and the confidence as a storyteller.(I miss you)

Thank you, for seeing me when I couldn't see myself, and never letting me go.(I won't let go either)

Thank you for being the one presence in my life that won't change wherever I go.(And for cribbing so much, it's fun to hear)

Thank you also, for being there when I needed someone and for helping me pass my courses.

Thank you for being the single reason I committed to something for so long, and for making my heart go boom! in my chest for the first time ever. And the date.

Thank you for being this awesome senior and person that I look up to, and will always look up to.

Thanks for all the laughter and the tears. Mainly tears. But there may have been a lot of laughter.

Thank you for the flowers.(I never did say it, but I mean it now) And for the confidence boost.

Thanks for being interested in who I am, even when I thought no one could be. And for the counselling.

Thanks for the company. And listening to everything. And I mean EVERYTHING.

Thank you for letting me crush on you, and for being a friend first.(I wish we could go back to being good friends)

Thanks for the late night conversations and the discussions about dreams.(Work towards your goal, I will too)

Thanks for the pot.(To keep flowers in, of course)

Thank you for the (smallish)butterflies in my stomach every time I see you around.(Though you'll never know)

Thanks for making lab work fun, and for the interesting discussions and for being your very very dense self.(In the best way :) )

You, too, for livening up the place, and going nuts and the entertainment.

~~~~~~~

That's all I have. It feels like treasure to me.
















No comments:

Post a Comment