Pages

29 August, 2013

Friendship and Its Many Benefits



I am alone. It is cold and it is dark and this is not the first time I've found myself here.

I've grown complacent and comfortable, and the dark side of life has come and shaken me, to wring me dry and toss me out again.

I sit and watch people pass by. They live their lives the same way I do, and yet they seem to have something protecting them; some sort of insulating layer between them and the hurt of the world. There are moments: both emerald green and sapphire blue. I wish I could be that way. I wonder if I could ever be that way.

People are always disappointing you. Somehow, at some stage of a relationship, you give away some fragile part of you, and it never comes back in one piece. So why do I still try? Every time, I hope it'll be different, but it's never worked out like that for me.

Maybe it's that I'm always disappointing myself.

Where was I? Oh, yes.

I am still alone. I wait for his call, knowing it won't come, knowing that which once existed is lost forever. But I wait in the dark, hoping and praying that it's not too late.

------

Fiction, sliiiightly dark. 206 words. NOT from life, so if you--yes, you--think it's about you, eff off. :P

Katze

P.S. Maybe inspired a little by all the poetry we're doing in Reading Lit. All the metaphors and symbolism.

7 comments:

  1. You knew I was gonna read it. That's why you put -
    "NOT from life, so if you--yes, you--think it's about you, eff off. :P"

    ReplyDelete
  2. And did you do that on purpose or you were too ignorant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Um, a) I dunno who the hell you are
      and b) If I do know you and you think I give so much of a damn for anyone except Madam and Roomie, you're out of your effing mind.

      If you want to read my blog, take my writing at face value. Otherwise don't bother: I don't pay you to read.

      Delete
  3. :D .. I enjoyed the reply at least as much as the article

    ReplyDelete
  4. theres people who waited for you too...frnds for whom you couldn't find time ....in the lighter vein guess it fatty? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Don't call me fatty moron ><

      Plus, you should totally be busy with your own stuff in life man... what is this? :P

      Delete