Pages

09 March, 2012

Senti and Interview With A Fire Demon

So I was looking over my old posts, and I had a lump in my throat when I realised that all the effort I'd gone to, all the seriously good writing that I had put into my blog posts had gone completely and utterly to waste. Because, honestly, no one cares.


And, alright, I might be sufferng from a residual lump in my throat from rereading dusty old emails from dusty old friends--Miki, you'll never see this,(nor will anyone else, for that matter) but I miss our silly little chat conversations and highly illegal trading of Japanese songs. But still. I've never put in any sort of concentrated effort into getting people to read my blog, and that was working out fine for me, because I could then turn it into a sort of online journal for me to read back later and shake my head over what a silly I was. Mostly everything I write is for a future me, actually. It's why I get so involved in it. I want myself to shine through every word, so that someday I'll go back in time and remember what I used to be. Of course, I firmly believe that a book is similar, in that the author, through his characters, is really letting the readers peek into his soul. So it's all good practice, in the end. But I still feel bad about no one reading my blog.

AANND senti-time's up!

What's New: Writing a deadly new story. Seriously, another that I'll never be able to show anyone. Why I get myself into these things, Idk. Here's a quote:

"Right. Well, shall we try again, non-accidentally this time?"

I LOVE this one!! Especially since no one can guess its meaning and the context is...
well...
Yeah.

I've always, always wanted to write a novel on one of my favourite characters. Her name in my mind is... well, how about I introduce you properly?

Interview with Sakura:

Interviewer(hereafter known as Int): Tell us something about yourself, Sakura. How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?

Sakura(hereafter known as S): No, I don't mind. Thing is, we demons don't celebrate our birthdays, and I lose track of the years sometimes, so all I can really tell you is a ballpark figure. Depending on when the story occurs, I'm around three to four hundred years old. Three before the Demon Kingdom was formed, four around the time one of my old friends became king.

Int: Oh...kay. Which stories have you appeared in so far?

S: Well, I've had several guest appearances in early fanfic, but they were horrible roles, since Katze had no idea how to write at the time.(Aside, to me: Sorry. Me: It's fine.) More recently, I've had my meeting with the King of Thieves put down, then some more guest appearances in fic about my daughter, Maia. You may have met her-

Int: Yes, she's quite the diva Um, I mean, singer.

S(narrows her eyes): Yes, quite. Now, though, Katze really wants to put down my childhood. Of course, most of my adult life is serious and angst-ridden, and not altogether for the kiddies.

Int: But, uh, in your childhood...

S: Yes?

Int: You appear to have, uh, killed your mentor.

S(sulkily): Well, it wasn't totally my fault. She wouldn't let me be the Priestess of the Mountain and have the cool glowing sword.

Int: Still, I take it your family weren't very happy having a killer in the house?

S: It wasn't that they objected to. It was more the meaningless slaughter that followed once the Priestess was dead and I ran away, horrified at what I'd done. When I came back they were all pretty much dead and pissed about it.

Int: And you never truly achieved closure?

S: No, 'cause I didn't hunt down and kill the killers. Or murder the murderers. Well, you get what I mean.

Int: Yes, yes, I do. I hear you're very skilled at smithing?

S: That's not completely true. I'm from a race that basically does that, so I do have some sort of knowledge. Plus, Galen took me on as an apprentice for a little while... that didn't turn out well.

Int: Galen is the world famous jeweller, isn't that right? No one ever knew he even had an apprentice.What happened there?

S: Oh, well. This and that. I may have burnt down his house a couple of times.

Int: And your more recent backstory was very turbulent, if I'm correct? Why did so many people want you dead at one point?

S: Because I irritated them. Stole some things. Was all-around miscreant of the year, actually.

Int: Interesting. Well, I guess it's time to wrap up this interview. Any last words for the audience, Sakura?

S: Yeah, sure. Don't give a damn about what people think of you. They're all gonna die anyway.

:)

5 comments:

  1. I like it. Not that I am great at all these literary works still, I would say its nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. very good
      and who said that no one cares about you blog posts.
      i do. you write really great.

      Delete
  2. who said no one cares about your blog posts?
    you write very good stuff, very authentic. one day you will become very good authoress

    ReplyDelete